How do I become a Christian?
God loves you. He wants you to have a personal relationship with Him through Jesus, His Son. God has a plan for your life!
• The Bible says, "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, [Jesus Christ], that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).
• Jesus said, "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" — a complete life full of purpose (John 10:10).
Man is sinful and separated from God.
• We have all done, thought or said bad things, which the Bible calls "sin." The Bible says, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
• The result of sin is death, spiritual separation from God (Romans 6:23).
What is the answer?
God sent His Son to die for your sins!
• Jesus died in our place so we could live with Him in eternity.
• "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
• But it didn't end with His death on the cross. He rose again and still lives!
Would you like to receive God's forgiveness?
We can't earn salvation; we are saved by God's grace when we have faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. All you have to do is believe you are a sinner, that Christ died for your sins, and ask His forgiveness. Then turn from your sins—that's called repentance. Jesus Christ knows you and loves you. What matters to Him is the attitude of your heart, your honesty. We suggest praying the following prayer to accept Christ as your Savior:
"Dear Lord Jesus,
I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior.
Guide my life and help me to do your will. In your name, amen."
If you have prayed this prayer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear your story and help you on your journey of faith
Adapted from www.peacewithgod.net